Menu
californiadude
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down for 1 week now March 2017 - Kensington/Chelsea area

My broadband access has been down for 7 days now. I've signed up for the email updates and all I get is constant push back on service up-time. Calling into support is a joke since they can't do anything. Has anyone in the area having the same problem? What SLA does Virgin Media has on residential customers? 

Below is my daily message about estimated time of resolution. 7 days with no internet on a basement flat with no signal whatsoever!

Hello,

You have asked us to keep you up to date on the problem which is affecting your Telephone and TV service(s).

Fault Ref: F005147451

The latest update is: Our engineer is on site and they're working to fix the problem

We now expect to have this resolved by 2017-03-13T18:00:00

The Virgin Media Team

P.S. We don't pick up emails from this mailbox, so please don't reply to this email address.

0 Kudos
californiadude
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down for 1 week now March 2017 - Kensington/Chelsea area

Unbelievable! Got the email that the estimate to restore is now Tuesday 14/3.
0 Kudos
californiadude
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

8 days of downtime. I got another email that the engineer is onsite and expected resolution is today. With utter frustration, I called into support again to complain. Was given the same answer. I finally asked to be transferred to customer care. Spoke to a Dan who is very rude. He did answer my question. Virgin Media SLA is 28 days! Only after 28 days with no Internet that i can then break my contract. This is becoming more than a joke. 

It's an area fault and I understand that more customers are affected. If Virgin media cares about it's customers, they should put every effort on outages that affects more people. I'm new to the UK and never heard of 28 days SLA. 

0 Kudos
californiadude
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

got another service update. Expected to be resolved by tomorrow now. Going on 9 days of outage. 

Hello,

You have asked us to keep you up to date on the problem which is affecting your Telephone and TV service(s).

Fault Ref: F005147451

The latest update is: Our engineer is on site and they're working to fix the problem

We now expect to have this resolved by 2017-03-15T16:00:00

The Virgin Media Team

P.S. We don't pick up emails from this mailbox, so please don't reply to this email address.

0 Kudos
californiadude
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

called into Virgin Media customer retention department and explained my situation. Confirmed that I'm under contract until Sept 2017. I would have to eat up £134 for early disconnect fee. 

0 Kudos
frediche
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same here. My broadband has been down since March 8th.

I live in WC1X.

0 Kudos
californiadude
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Frediche. As of last night, the system came back up. I'm finally back online! I wasn't offered any explanation of the outage other than it's an area outage and it's been resolved. I hope yours is up now. 

0 Kudos
frediche
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Broadband is still down for me.

0 Kudos
frediche
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still down. I received today the 10th email slipping the "expected resolved date" by a day...

Come on Virgin Media!

0 Kudos
frediche
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can someone from VM please give an estimate of when the problem is going to be fixed? Thanks
0 Kudos