Menu
penrypooch
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down and I can't contact customer service in any way

Hi,

this morning I woke to find my broadband down again (this is now the 5th time in six months). This time though I cannot seem to get through to anyone at customer services - the phone just hangs up after 15 minutes on hold. The status checker just says "try again in 10 minutes and if it isn't working, phone us". There are no online chat operators available and the only status message is about Windows 10, which is definitely not the problem as I don't have it.

Is something big going wrong at the moment? I'm in the Southampton area (21) if anyone has any information at all that could help

Cheers,

Graeme

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down and I can't contact customer service in any way

Have you tried the UK based Retentions Team ... 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and follow the prompts  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.  They can deal with a lot more than just retentions.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
M0
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My broadband has been on and off for over a week now. I'm in Belfast. It's not the window's 10 update, I'm on Mac. Today it's going on and off every few minutes. I was on hold with 150 and it cut off on me, not happy at all at this point. I've used up most of my mobile data logging on to virgin to get tests done.

0 Kudos
penrypooch
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My broadband is back up again as of half an hour ago, hey ho. I can do without the hassle of dealing with the retentions department before christmas but I will be on to them in the new year. This sort of flaky, unreliable service was why I originally ditched cable for Sky 10 years ago - and it was only because Sky service became so bad that I tried cable again. Seems like the grass isn't always greener.

I guess there's no chance of claiming anything for the hit on my mobile data due to tethering during all these down periods?

0 Kudos
M0
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A short while after I posted this Virgin mobile text me to alert me that I've used 75% of my mobile data for this period. It was only refreshed 9 days ago, psh!

0 Kudos