Menu
swyftie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down again

Promised my daughter a Netflix night for her birthday and shock-horror, Internet has failed again.
Called 150 to be told the whole area is down until midday tomorrow!
Internet is drifting back to how bad it was a year ago.
Currently on a rolling contract with Virgin as I didn't want to get contractually tied after the pile of previous issues.
Just when I was thimking of comitting to a new contract, this happens?

Spotted a great black Friday deal with Sky...think this is the final nail in the coffin now.
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down again

Hi swyftie, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that your broadband is down again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused, I will do my best to help get this sorted for you.

I have run some tests from here and I can see that your only locking onto 1 upstream channel and there's a number of time outs inside the Hubs logs as well, this will explain the performance issues. I would like to get this investigated further by one of our engineers for you. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
swyftie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Will check my messages now.
Interested to know why whenever this occurs I am informed over the phone that it is a general fault affecting the area?
I know as well as you that it isn't...I DO talk to my neighbours (I even work with a couple of them)!
0 Kudos
swyftie
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So an engineer came out yesterday and said the settings needed 'tweaking' and that things would generally improve soon as there are ongoing works in the area.

Firstly, these works appear to have been ongoing for over two years now with no real improvement to my internet...the TV was worse which is why I cancelled it!

Secondly, just over 24hrs later...looks like my settings need tweaking again as once again I cannot stream' 

This is a joke, I am without internet more often that I am with it with no light visible at the end of the tunnel! This is not being taken serious in the slightest...I'm moving elsewhere....internet may be slower with another provider but at least it works consistently. 

0 Kudos