Menu
riotbug
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down - Edinburgh EH6

Hi,
My broadband has been down since Thursday night. Have been checking service status online and it's been marked as having a problem intermittently, then this morning as there being no problem. Have run the online diagnostic but says there is no problem. The blue light at the top of the hub is on, as is the traffic light - it isn't flashing any more. The internet/wi-fi light isn't on at all. Have also tried accessing the hub info, but can't get into it at all.
Can anybody shed any light on it? Thanks!
0 Kudos
riotbug
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down - Edinburgh EH6

Ok, i think i sorted it myself. Managed to access the hub details and switch the wi-fi on. Did i also mention I'm not tech savvy? Smiley Very Happy The speed on any of the devices connected to it are pretty slow now though.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey there riotbug,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Apologies for not getting here sooner, good to know that you've resolved your fault. How you testing your speeds? All looks well from our end so please get back to us so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
riotbug
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

Thanks for getting back to me.  When I first switched the wi-fi back on through the router (when connected to my laptop) I failed to see that the channel was fixed, rather than have 'Auto' selected.  So, I changed it and now my wi-fi is like greased lightning.  I should have spent a bit longer looking at the self-help options on the site.  Lesson learned.  

However, we are having problems with our phone line.  We originally thought it was the handset, so bought a new one.  The new one says that we need to check the line is connected to the box or something.  We had a bit of flooding from the roof space a few months ago, and not sure if this has maybe affected the box we plug the phone in to.  Ran the online diagnostic and it says our line is fine from your end.  Should I start a new topic, or arrange for an engineer?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello again riotbug,

Good to hear back from you Smiley Happy

I'm pleased that changing your wireless channel has improved your connection!

Apologies for the phone line problems! Please drop a post onto our landline support board here and one of my colleagues will be along to help.

Thanks again for being so patient.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos