Menu
sazzle52
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband doesn't work in the day

I have an engineer coming out again on Thursday having had this problem since early February. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas about how and why this might be happening. Every day at about 10 in the morning the internet goes from working to not working and it stays like this all day until just after 6 p.m. It's been fixed 3 times but the problem won't go away. We had difficulties when they installed it as there was no cable connection here prior to that. They had to dig up the road.

I would be really grateful if anyone has had a similar problem and can help shed some light on it. Otherwise I think the engineer might fix it again only for it to break once more!

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband doesn't work in the day

Hi sazzle52,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies the internet stops working at a certain time of the day. I can imagine how annoying this must.

How did the engineer visit go? Have you noticed this issue since then?

Looking at your connection, there is an SNR (signal to noise ratio) fault in your area which is causing intermittent connection. The reference number is F005171239 and has a review date of 24th March.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sazzle52
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sam

Apologies I haven't said thanks sooner as have been poorly. It still isn't working and the engineer confirmed there was a more deep seated problem that needed fixing.

I really want to continue with virgin but think we might be forced to change providers. What are the possibilities of keeping the TV and landline but changing back to simplement non cable broadband?

Thanks again
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey sazzle52,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I hope you're feeling better now Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear about the on-going fault you're experiencing. Please give our Customer Services team a call on 150 free from a VM landline or 0345 454 1111 to discuss your package, they'll be happy to help.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos