Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3 (65 Views)

Broadband disconnecting regularly

My broadband keeps disconnecting and being off for hours on end.

I first thought it might be high utilisation (HU) in my area, so just thought I'd wait it out... but its happening more and more frequently.

I had an issue some months back with HU, and then it was resolved - all good, until May 2017! Since then, I would say that at least three times a week the internet goes off.

Each time it is off, I reset the router, reset the modem, check the wires etc...

I'm really getting sick and tired of this now, it just seems to be one problem after another with Virgin. There is never more than a couple of months between the issues cropping up.

I get that sometimes things can go wrong, but I just feel that I am paying for a service that just simply is not delivering.

I have a Superhub 3 in modem mode, and a Netgear Nighthawk X6 router.

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3 (50 Views)

Re: Broadband disconnecting regularly

Net time your hub disconnects,  try going to 192.168.0.1, don't login but have a look at the hubs status and post what you find here, hiding your wan ip address if its visible.

It would probably also be worth going to https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality and setting up a BQM as that will show roughly what happens to your connection throughout the day.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3 (29 Views)

Re: Broadband disconnecting regularly

I'm very sorry to hear about this Midash,

I've located your account and I'm unable to detect any obvious cause for this at the moment.

How have things been since posting?

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos