Menu
dubphrenzy
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband connectivity issues.

Hi,

I have been having some issues with my broadband, it has been very temperamental for the past couple of weeks with constant disconnections. Two weeks ago an engineer had to pop round as I had no internet access at all. The engineer tested my equipment and said everything was fine, the issue was a connection in a junction box (not sure if this is the correct term) further down the street. After the engineer sorted that the internet was back on and working fine for a few days but now im getting disconnections regularly. Sometimes I only get 5 minutes online before the connection goes back offline, I either have to restart the router again or wait 10 minutes for internet to come back. My computer is connected directly to the router via Ethernet. Some days I get no disconnects at all, other days the internet is offline more than it is online.

I have some router details from this session which may prove useful:

Thanks for looking at this, hopefully someone can provide some help.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate image removed(Contained IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

2.jpg

3.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband connectivity issues.

Hi dubphrenzy

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection.

From checking your connection, the upstream power levels are too high and locked onto one channel. As this can cause an impact on your connection, I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dubphrenzy
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

After a few months of working internet I am now suffering from a similar issue that was happening before. For the last 4 days the internet has been unusable as it drops out at regular intervals causing all videos / downloads to fail and to get kicked from online games. Have a couple of pictures which may give more information. Last time it was fixed by an engineer doing something in the box across the street from my house. Please could you look into this? Regards

2.jpg1.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi dubphrenzy,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with your upstream power levels that'll need to be adjusted. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to take a look.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos