Menu
sassyk1974
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband / Router Issues

I'm hoping someone on here can help as I am just about at the end of my tether, ever since we got the superhub 3.0 my mobile phone bill has gone up as the wifi signal keeps dropping out.  It took a while to convince my partner of this as he had unlimited 4g and as his phone switched seamlessly he didn't really notice for a while. But I did, and so did the kids.  In fact the problem has become even more noticeable since we got our new tv a couple of months ago, it's connected to the router via ethernet and the near constant "wired lan network disconnected" "wired lan network connected" messages in the top right hand corner have become quite distracting.  Obviously we have called but the following happens - we rang sunday - an appointment was booked for monday, 20 minutes later it was cancelled via text, we rang back and were told its an area issue we're sorting it, after much discussion they agreed to send an engineer on tuesday (apparently none were left on monday virgin are such a busy busy lot) we got a text later on sunday to say the area issue was resolved, our issue still wasn't. I waited in tuesday and no-one came. We rang tuesday evening, first we were told there was no appointment, then we were told i wasn't in (i definitely was).  We were also told that had been no issues on our equipment for over 24 hours (funny because the internet went off as did the tivo at 9.45am - yes i have started logging it.) he refused to send an engineer as we are not having any problems!!!!! spoke to supervisor as we said we wanted to cancel, appointment was arranged for thursday with assurances it would not be cancelled, guess what I just got a text cancelling it - absolutely fuming - paying for a service I can't use, any ideas what I do next????

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband / Router Issues

Hi sassyk1974,

I am honestly sorry for the issues that you've experienced with your broadband and shall do my best to help out.

Tests of your connection show that an area outage (loss of broadband) would have affected your on 12/07/2017 (day of your post). The fault reference for this is F005431064. A total loss of connection was escalated to Networks and they identified the cause and resolved the problem later that same day. It is entirely possible that this fault was also the cause of the disconnections you'd experienced prior to the 12th.

Ideally these issues would apparent when you call in so that no unnecessary engineer appointments are booked. Sometimes though the fault may be escalated after your call and thus the information is not available at the time you speak to one of our representatives Smiley Sad 
Engineer appointments are usually auto-cancelled as soon as area outages are confirmed and this information should be conveyed to you via text. However, once the outage is resolved the appointments are not auto-scheduled back in. Most of the time they are no longer required due to the area fault being fixed but if the previous issues persist then we can conclude that the area fault was not responsible and re-test as soon as you let us know.

Sincere apologies though for the unfortunate circumstances you were subject to. I have tested from here and everything appears to be working well. I am hoping that you have had no further issues but if you have then please post an update on here - we'll be more than happy to investigate further if needed.

Kind regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos