Menu
andystrachan
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Issues and Hub 3.0 issues.

After only being activated yesterday my broadband has now went down and have been left with a constant flashing green light on the bottom of my hub 3.0 and worse of all have cancelled my sky subscription today and virgin can't get me an engineer as they are say this is what is needed leaving me without service till next wendesday which is not idea as I do out of hours work from home

From looking on the forums it seems to be a common problem, it keeps saying failed to negotiate and Virgin help line say it may be a network fault but not sure, to be honest not filling me full of confidence and not a great start in my opinion.

Is is also saying network access blocked on hub settings, does this mean that the service has not been activated?

Can anyone shed any light on this as to be honest can really have my broadband down till next wendesday.
0 Kudos
SH3user
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Issues and Hub 3.0 issues.

Just a guess. I assume you phoned them to activate the box as instructed on the packaging then all I can suggest is double check the coax connections from the router/splitter/wall box. make sure the pins in the plugs are not bent.  When you phone VM can they see the device on their network. Is the VM smart card inserted correctly? Keep phoning VM. Sorry I can not be of more assistance.

SH3user
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Issues and Hub 3.0 issues.

Sorry. Forget the smart card comment. I was thinking of something else while cleaning the freezer. Senior moment. To be honest the VM phone line help desk should be able to diagnose the problem, depending on which agent you get. I have found them ok when I have called before. Hope you are back on line before next week.

0 Kudos