Menu
IanMcKTrebor
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Essential Service??

Not sure Virgin bb cares about their service being like a utility. Work from home and been down 3x in the c2x months. Engineer can come out on Thursday. If it was my water or electricity I am sure it would treated more urgently.

Seems they have to spend so much time repairing som many clients that I have to go without until Thursday - do they care 😩 dont think so.

BT or Sky here I come

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Essential Service??

I can appreciate your frustration and I have been mad at times myself, but sometimes things go wrong randomly that no one can predict, so give them a chance a couple of days to get you back up and running in the grand scheme of things isn't that bad, I have seen openreach takes 6 days in my personal experience, hopefully they find something that can be accountable and they replace it and your good to go until something else wears down, just like a car really hehe but in 10 years when fibre to the home comes to us all we are winners because from the stats I have seen the support called dropped by over 95% and the ones that did occur was just for settings of routers etc, so hold on in there dude Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
IanMcKTrebor
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My son had their cable into his home with their highest spec speed and he worked from home and he cancelled. Been with BT snce c1 year and no problems. 

Virgin wifi signal at home never been satisfactory, drops to lowest in the next room - have complained a few times and they are indifferent. My neighbours signals in my home is stronger.

They have had their chance and I don't believe that in this day and age where BB is supposed to be like a utility I should have to put up with regular problems and indifferent service

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

now don't get me wrong you do have a right to expect a decent level of service, now in regards to the wifi, the ISP's took it on themselves to give people a basic level of service in regards to a router, ya know something that could get you online and little else, if you want something more amazing that is the old case of modem mode and go get something better which most of us do, the hub has never been too great to be honest, now the connection dropping is something I consider more important, could you maybe post your power levels and log from the superhub? Maybe rule out a deeper problem? I appreciate this wouldn't solve the wifi issue, but if you get a stable connection then you can upgrade your wifi as you please (and I have an amazing router I would like to advise you to get hehe) Smiley Tongue
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi IanMcKTrebor,

Sorry I wasn't able to reach your post prior to the engineer visit. But it does look as though the engineer resolved whatever the problem was, your connection is looking healthy according to my diagnostic tests with no faults evident on the network segment.

If Wi-Fi is still problematic I'd like to refer you to our help page links:

If you do have any further issues with your connection please post on here (allow a few days for response) and we'll do what we can to help. We can arrange engineer visits from here if needed, replace hardware, escalate to other departments etc. So you'll get our full support, albeit not speedily.

And welcome to our Community, nice to have you join us Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos