Menu
TonyT1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Dropouts

Feed up Broadband always seen to be dropping out, have contacted Virgin and tried all the suggestions but still no luck. Very annoying when halfway through programme and it decides to dropout.

0 Kudos
Slane21
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Dropouts

I drop my connection 150-200 times a day. This service is disgusting.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi TonyT1, 

Thank you for getting in touch to let us know that your broadband has been dropping out, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have run some checks from here and I noticed that your modem's SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) levels are a little too low, this will explain the random drops in connection.

I would like to get this resolved as quickly as possible for you, the next step in doing so would be to arrange for an engineer to attend. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing some information with regards to what's required to arrange for an engineer to attend.

Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Slane21, 

Thank you for letting us know that you also encounter drops in your broadband connection, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have run some checks on your connection from this end and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

When the connection drops, what does the Hubs light sequence indicate?

Have you tried changing the wireless channels to see if this help improve things?

Also, could you please connect directly to the Hub via ethernet cable and let me know if these issues still occur.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos