Menu
Charlie9325
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Connection Constantly Dropping

Internet connection, Ethernet and wireless used to drop every now and again, over the last month it is constantly slowing down and losing connection completely.

One reading recently. Download 0.08, Upload 10.38, Ping 11. Losing connection more times than slowing down, sometimes losing 4/5 times a day. It says carry out a test, as I don't have a connection this is not done and when connection is remade test shows that there isn't any problems.

Very very frustrating. It may well be the fastest but that's no good if you can't get a reliable connection

Super Hub 2, 

Helpful Answers
acdeag
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Connection Constantly Dropping

I found the Virgin Hub so bad I bought my own wireless router and switched the Virgin supplied one to Modem mode and all my problems went away. Before doing this the Virgin connection would stop working for two or three minutes sometimes while still connected or other times the wireless signal would drop. For 18 months now I have never had a single issue. I called Virgin about the problem but they said there was nothing wrong with their kit.

All Replies
acdeag
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I found the Virgin Hub so bad I bought my own wireless router and switched the Virgin supplied one to Modem mode and all my problems went away. Before doing this the Virgin connection would stop working for two or three minutes sometimes while still connected or other times the wireless signal would drop. For 18 months now I have never had a single issue. I called Virgin about the problem but they said there was nothing wrong with their kit.

Charlie9325
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Didn't know you could do that. Thanks this gives me something to look into.
0 Kudos
Gorthox
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've had constant outages for the past 8 months. At first it was 2 to 3 times a week But since August its been pretty much daily. Most recent speed test was 1328 ping 0.34 down 1.09 up I'm on 50mb. Its so slow that I can't even browse the web. I've been calling to report issues constantly. Virgin said they would compensate me for my kids. Well I just checked my account today and found they have given me £1.19 loss of service goodwill. That's not goodwill That's an insult, I am appalled by that. If I could cancel my account today I would but I'm pretty much stuck until April 2017.
Charlie9325
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Haven't had any loss of internet since my original post. In saying that speed is just on the notification level a few times.

Enough is enough as they say. Will be contacting Sky shortly and get a deal from them. No good having the fastest internet available if you can't use it.

The ball's in Virgins court get it sorted or cheerio.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charlie9325, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with your broadband connection constantly dropping, I apologise for any inconvenience I promise I will do my best to help get this sorted for you.

I have run some tests from here and I can see that your Hubs logs show a number of T3 time outs inside, an engineer will be required to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Sinistratus
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I had the 200mb installed nearly two weeks ago. The service drops out many, many times each day. The online test shows that there is no problem with the kit (apparently) but it looks to me as though the router just keeps on rebooting itself. Not impressed and barely had any benefit whatsoever so far. Is there something I can do or has the installation incomplete or something? Thank you.
0 Kudos
Charlie9325
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for not getting back on this subject. I was contacted by Virgin and an appointment was made for an engineer to call
Engineer after inspection with hub not giving ip address changed hub to model 2ac
All systems were go and all items, PC, laptop, tablets and phones were connecting to the hub
Unfortunately half an hour after the engineers left all connections were lost. I phoned 150 but was told that engineers could not manage back that day and I would have to arrange another date. Not very pleased with this I was told that I would be called back.
I tried connection again but this time had the message. Welcome to Virginmedia to start broadband activation click here.
Then message. Sorry we have a problem. Refused to connect, site can't be reached.
This was followed by great news you have already activated your super fast Virgin media broadband.
About an hour later it connected and I was able to reconnect everything back to "normal"
I then phoned 150 to cancel the engineer.
And we all lived happily ever after
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sinistratus,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your install.

I've located your account and the equipment seems to be online and running well at the moment. Is everything working OK now?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Gorthox
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have had my broadband problems since the end of may and I'm still having problems now. When I phoned 150 I'm told an engineer will come usually in 4 days but then the following day it's cancelled by text. And the problems persist. Also for 6 months of little or no internet I get a credit of £1.19 for my loss. I'm basically at the end of my teather.
0 Kudos