Menu
surajid
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Boradband and TV down

Hi All, My broadband and TV is down at my home SE18 from today morning while the service in this area is normal. Tried following: router reset, power off/on; Disconnected the main cable from router. Nothing worked. Then called technical support and he said he will call me back in 30 minutes with updates but didn't got call back. So, called back again at 2pm and Mr. Thomas from technical team tried to help but no luck and finally he booked engineer who will be available after 9 days.

I forgot to ask him if TV service can be resumed or do I have to wait untill the broadband is fixed?

Does anyone have any expeerience how to sort this kind of issues?

0 Kudos
surajid
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Boradband and TV down

2.5 years baby at home without internet and TV is like the worst punishment ever. Just wanted to know if virgin media can provide temporary internet or/and TV service untill the problem is fixed?

0 Kudos
Peroni666
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just been told my internet speed will have problems until May !

utilization problems is the new word......meaning over subscribed !

cant even stream films on my TV now.

have never been able to stream HD films.

0 Kudos
surajid
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It has just been rectified now and menioned that it was the whole 21 are problem. Another issue remains same Super hub with 200 Mbps is just running below 40Mpbs (wifi tested) all round the clock.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi surajid, 

Thanks for letting us know that your broadband and TV services are down. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have run some tests from here and I noticed that both of your upstream power levels are too high and will require an engineer to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos