Menu
rha1989
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Book engineer online? Wifi not working

Hi everyone 

Long story short - wifis been down or intermittent for over a week, followed all online fixes but no joy so need engineer visit but just had throats surgery so unable to call. Been unable to complete contact anyone via online chat for 3+ days. Any way of getting a visit booked online? 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Book engineer online? Wifi not working

you say wifi. how is the connection wired? if its a wifi only problem you will be charged for any callout if no fault is found
legacy1
Hero
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is your wireless problem down to one or more devices?

Odds are its the super hub or your area is packed with wireless across the channels.

You can wait here for the forum team to book you but may take some days.

Your other option is modem mode with a new wireless router to your super hub.

rha1989
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not very good with tech stuff, I have a hub provided by virgin. Everything is connected as if was the day it was installed. Wired connection to TiVo & PlayStation, everything else uses wifi. No problems for almost 2 years and suddenly wifi doesn't work on anything. 

Typically we have 1 iPhone, 2 iPads, a laptop & a printer using the wifi (not all at the same time) - none are working. Visitors are unable to use either so it's not isolated to one device. I've followed the online suggestions and nothing has rectified it so presuming the router has packed in! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rha1989,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I'd like to check this out for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rha1989,

Thank you for getting back in touch via PM. I'm sorry you are still having a problem with your service.

Checking on this, I can see that there is an area fault causing an issue with your service at the moment. Here are the details of the fault:

Reference Number: F005233943

Description:You might find that your Virgin TV, TiVo® service and Virgin Broadband is not working at the moment.

Estimated end date: 13 APR 2017

If you are able to access the internet away from home, or have mobile data, you can check for fault updates on our Service Status page: 

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

Once the fault has been cleared, please retry your new Hub.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos