Menu
iShady
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Block the use of torrents

Is it possible to block the use of torrent clients through the router without blocking other stuff such as CCTV?
100Mb
Superhub 3
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Block the use of torrents

you could port forward 6881-6889 (and 6969 for the tracker port). to different port so all the clients would need to match the ports used, since isn't any option that can directly disable torrent access, but I think the port forwarding on the hub3 is still a little messed up so doubt if what I suggested will work.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
iShady
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I know the MAC address and IP of the laptop that uses it, is there a way to block internet access just to that laptop?
100Mb
Superhub 3
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

well you could change the wireless passphrase/password and that will make all devices lose connectivity until the new passphrase is entered guide -> https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

you could use mac filtering with time limits guide -> http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Set-internet-time-limit-for-child/td-p/3138...
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
iShady
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I will have a look
100Mb
Superhub 3
0 Kudos
iShady
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Btw I read somewhere about keyword filtering such as .torrent & *.torrent butvthe acticale was a while ago so don't know if it's still effective on the SH3
100Mb
Superhub 3
0 Kudos