Menu
nbm0055
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bad signal

Hello,
My downloading speed is low. Could it be related to my Hub 3.0??
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad signal

Probably not.

How are you connecting to the hub, wired or wirelessly?

If wirelessly, try testing the speed wired to the hub. during the day and again during the evening peak.

What package are you on?

What speeds are you getting?

How are you testing the speed?

0 Kudos
nbm0055
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wirelessly
Superfibre 50
We get 55 near the HuB
13 in the room next to the one with the hub
I'm in a flat not in a huge house so I shouldn't have the problem I believe
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wireless reception is affected by many factors like Range, Client hardware, the Topograpy of your home, and the big killer, Wireless interference.

First of all, I would ensure the Hub is placed in a central, open position, away from obstacles and electrical devices.

You could try changing the wireless channel manually. Downloading a wireless scanner like InSSIDer for Windows or WiFiAnalyser for Android would help by showing you the surrounding wireless networks, the channels they are broadcasting on, and their signal strengths, so you can select the best wireless channel.
Bear in mind that the wifi scanner will not show interference from other sources of wireless interference such as A\V streaming devices, Baby monitors, Chordless phones, Microwave ovens, Plasma TVs, Security systems, etc.

Setting the Hub's radio setting to 300Mbps (or 40Mhz channel) is not advised on the 2.4GHz band as it takes up over half of the available spectrum, making it prone to wireless interference..

Using the wider, usually less congested 5Ghz band could help, if your client devices support it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi nbm0055, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look an it seems your hub is currently offline but the general connection in the area seems to be ok. 

Let me know when you have popped everything back on and I will be happy to take another look for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos