Menu
mattatcomputer
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bad internet and treatment by Virgin Media

Hi, my family currently pay £50+ a month for fibre broadband and tv. 

We are very unhappy with our internet service and have been for over a year now. The only reason we have not switched is because I have been told every time I phoned a virgin representative that there are works in our area and they are due to be completed in the next two months. This date just keeps getting moved further back each time. So whoever is making the decisions on works is just leading us on, it feels like. Obviously, I don't blame the person on the phone but the person making decisions is outright lying. In addition, VM have told us that our area is oversubscribed (the reason for the works) and that really isn't good enough, I don't think it's too hard to understand what you can supply and if you can match demand or not. Me and my family are suffering on painfully slow and spotty connection because the VM manage in charge of this decision wanted to make more money. Fantastic. When I say painfully slow I am talking latency of 1000ms+ every 10 seconds. Not just at peak times either. Download speeds of less than 2mbs on a fibre connection. It's really not good enough. All VM have done is take off the internet portion of the bill for a couple of months and only refunded the cost of the entire bill for this month because I phoned up and complained, again. 

I'm ready to take this further and I am wondering if anyone can point me to the correct channels to complain through and hold VM to account. 

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
mattatcomputer
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad internet and treatment by Virgin Media

Just to add to this, I just posed as a new customer living at my address and not too any surprise I must admit, the representative said 'yes, we are able to provide you with fibre' So despite being massively oversubscribed in this area VM are STILL offering fibre, This is pure unadulterated greed. I would like to know if there is any legal action I can take, because this is just abuse of customers from VM. 

0 Kudos
mattatcomputer
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bump

0 Kudos
mattatcomputer
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bump 

0 Kudos
Tomo72
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You won't get a quicker response by bumping. Forum staff work from oldest post to newest, usually within a week but bumping puts you back down the queue again. So, just post and wait.

0 Kudos
mattatcomputer
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well thanks for letting me know. Chat were useless and phoning them was useless. I love how the people who are responsible for this stuff can delay it or avoid it as much as possible. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about this mattatcomputer,

I can see that the relevant team have recently tried contacting you to discuss things further.

In regards to any faults experienced, there are some issues present concerning your equipment downstream power level that I'd like for an engineer to investigate.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get something arranged ASAP,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos