Menu
ChrisEssex
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Bad connection after moving Xbox 1

Hi,

I've moved my XB1 to a room upstairs. Since doing this the wireless connection has been pretty bad, the console is showing 3 bars and signal strength at 69%. I keep getting disconnected from Xbox Live.

I was wondering whats the best way to boost the signal, would a wi-fi extender/repeater be the best bet?

Cheers for any help.

Chris.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad connection after moving Xbox 1

hiya @ChrisEssex welcome to the virginmedia community forum, yes you could use a wireless access point attached to the hub/router, or possible using homeplugs which will feed the internet via power cables
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
ChrisEssex
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the reply.

Looking at someone to possibly hard-wire the connection, if not then the powerline will be the next choice.

Cheer,

Chris.

0 Kudos
vivalajam26
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just a heads up, your Xbox isn't disconnecting because you moved it. It's doing so because Virgin did something they shouldn't have last week, and now all Virgin Media customer's are getting kicked off Live.

ChrisEssex
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its more than likely the connection to the 5g wireless. When using that I can kicked off but as the 2G travels better it doesn't happen.

I've asked a mate to put in an Ethernet cable so that I can use a wired for a faster connection.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

vivalajam26 wrote:

Just a heads up, your Xbox isn't disconnecting because you moved it. It's doing so because Virgin did something they shouldn't have last week, and now all Virgin Media customer's are getting kicked off Live.

My Xbox is working fine on Virgin Media so your statement is invalid as not all VM customers are being kicked from XBL.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos