Menu
46TM
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BROADBAND CONNECTION ISSUES

I am having severe problems maintaining a internet connection. I have contacted the phone service people twice and after being told how to reset the connection and being told that there were no problems with my hub or connection the problem continues. I now have to reset the hub 2 or 3 times a day. On each reset the system works for a limited period of time.

Any ideas as to the problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: BROADBAND CONNECTION ISSUES

Hi 46TM, 

Thanks for posting about your issues with your hub not maintaining a connection and having to reboot all the time. This must be annoying so apologies for any inconvenience.

I have run some diagnostics from here and I noticed that there's a lot of T3 and T4 time outs inside the Hubs logs and in order to resolve this one of our engineers will need to attend and investigate things further for you!

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
46TM
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The engineer came as arranged and after some testing adjusted the power levels which were very slightly low. He also said he had adjusted the wifi so that we experienced less interference. However this led to very poor wifi which was well below levels from nearby systems and constant drop outs. I reset the channel number to 1 (from 11) and whilst signal is now constant the strength is still lower than before. Please advise which setting is preferable.

Regards

Tony

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Good to hear that the engineer has done some adjusting. As far as the wireless channel is concerned, this is specific to your environment. It depends what other devices are on the channels around you. You can download tools to run wireless scans and they'll be able to tell you which channel is least congested.

I hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos