Menu
Alessandro Volta
Message 101 of 109 (159 Views)

Re: BQM graphs showing an increase in latency

Are doing lots of Internet or LAN stuff between 14:00 & 18:30?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 102 of 109 (151 Views)

Nothing more than I was doing the rest of the day, and the boyfriend wasn't even on his PC at that time. Also every time this happens it's always around the same time, 1pm up to around 6 or 7pm.

It's always in the afternoon starting around 1pm. As I had a week off I really got into my gaming but alas never got much done as the internet (TV was also pixelating bad) was going offline every 30mins to an hour and staying down for up to 20mins. The boyfriend phoned the helpline on Thurs 9th and was told that an engineer would be out on the 14th.

From Thurs 9th to the 14th my internet went down 25 times and each time we were off-line anything from 10 to 30mins.

When the engineer came out all he did was to replace the Docsis cable and a new splitter, so the same day the disconnects were back. The boyfriend phoned up yet again to tell the person what was happing. This time I was told that he could send a signal down the line to fix it and that I will never have a disconnect again, well later that day the internet went down so I just turned off the PC to watch some TV. Hard to watch the TV when it's just pixelating all over the place.

The 15th at 1pm and then at 2:37pm the internet disconnects again. He rings the help line up. To start off the woman won't take it that he says we don't have wire-less and keep going on. For the 9th time "I'm not on wire-less, I'm wired" but she keep blaming the wire-less signal interfering with some other electrical item. After that all she says is to reboot the box and says that will fix it. After that day we did have 2 days with a 'good' connection but yesterday you can see it's starting again.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 103 of 109 (143 Views)

This sort of thing has been reported before (rarely, from memory). If it's external noise, it takes a while to fix while the engineers try and trace it. The key to this one is pixellating TV; it means that the RF signal entering the house is compromised.

Presumably you've got no electrical noisy equipment coming online at that time.

Anyway, best thing is to start your own problem thread including both your contributions in this thread. (Copy/paste). That way you won't get lost in this topic. The VM bods take a week or so to get to a thread but they are usually worth the wait.

Please put a link to your new thread into this tone.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 104 of 109 (135 Views)

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Losing-Connection-on-and-off-for-2-weeks/t...

Started it on Thur. Didn't know it could take a week for the mods to answer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 105 of 109 (105 Views)

Hi all

Just an update that latency issues in the Irvine area appearing on BQM graphs are now showing as resolved.

Thanks, 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 106 of 109 (102 Views)

Seems like the packet loss and website access issues aren't happening in my area (PO9) any longer, which is good news. Not sure what has changed.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 107 of 109 (89 Views)

[ Edited ]

Shared from another thread...

Certainly not had a firmware update, but it would appear something has happened this morning.
Hub 3 has lost connection - not even rebooted according to the uptime in the log, and the ping latency seems to have all but disappeared!!

My Broadband Ping - Home

Is anyone else seeing this?

I know we had an engineer from outside our area visit recently, and he advised our area had had considerable work don on the cabs, and it would take until the 20th for them to settle down, but I must admit I wasn't expecting this!

Could it be that the fault was never the Hub 3.0 but VM's own routing?

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 108 of 109 (53 Views)

Not sure it's been fully fixed? There were 2 short spikes today, but it didn't affect anything.

c791b2631ebf53e4046078c76e18f948-21-03-2017.png

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 109 of 109 (43 Views)

Hi,

The only issue I had today, is my internet went down for around an 30 minuites to an hour, between 2pm and 3pm.
Couldn't get to either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 during the time either, unless I unscrewed the VM white cable.

It would connect, but had no internet, which I never seen before.
I even switch to router modem, made no differents, connected by no internet.

Was on the phone toh VM tech on hold with up to 15 minutes wait time, when it came back up.

0 Kudos