Menu
vNauuuM
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Axis IP Camera - Port Forwarding

I have an Axis P3384-VE Network Camera, I've recently got the Super Hub 3 & need some assistance with port forwarding. I had a Super Hub 2 & the camera worked perfectly with the Super Hub, I had it set as both UDP & TCP & the ports from 80 - 9999... However I've set it up with the Super Hub 3 and can only do the port as 8080 & 8080, not anything like what I had before. I need some assistance to be able to allow the camera to port forward similarly to the Super Hub 2. The camera is being viewed through a DNS server through Axis' website.
0 Kudos
HackedComputer
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Axis IP Camera - Port Forwarding

I don't have a whole lot of experience with Axis, but I'm sure there's a management interface to be able to change the ports to suit your requirements. Furthermore, A large port range of 80 - 9999 is silly. Ideally, open the ports required for the camera instead of opening that device up to a large range of ports it doesn't require. 

0 Kudos
vNauuuM
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've changed the ports & still no luck... I don't understand the problem.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi vNauuuM,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for posting back about the port forwarding issue you have been experiencing with your Hub 3.0. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having this problem for quite some time. I'd like to go through some further checks with you on this to see if we can get this working.

First of all, with the Hub 3.0, you will need to set up an IP Reservation for the device (Axis Camera):

• Note down the MAC address for the device you want to reserve the IP address for (Enter 192.168.0.1 in your browser and log in to the Hub 3.0 settings. Go to 'Connected Devices' section to find the device’s MAC address).
  • Click on Advanced Settings > DHCP
  • Enter the MAC address of the device you wish to reserve the IP address for 
  • Enter the IP address 
  • Click Add Rule
  • Reconnect your device to the Hub 3.0 and the device will be allocated the reserved IP. **If you have a problem here, see below note**

Then set up the Port Forwarding:

Click on Advanced Settings > Security > Port forwarding

To enter a custom rule:

• Enter the local IP (i.e. the device that this rule is being created for)
  • The local start and end ports
  • The external start and end ports (the local and external ports should be the same)
  • The protocol (TCP/UDP)
  • Set Enabled to On for this rule to be active
  • Click Add and the settings will appear in the port forwarding table below
  • Follow the steps above if you are adding additional rules
  • Once complete, click Apply changes

**Just an added note here: sometimes if the device is already connected there can be a problem with the IP Reservation. If this happens, please do the following:

• Disconnect the device from the Hub 3.0 and ensure the device doesn't reconnect. i.e. If connected via WiFi, turn off WiFi on the device or, if wired, disconnect the Ethernet cable. 
  • Reboot the Hub 3.0 and retry the IP Reservation process.

You can also have a look at our online Help pages about Port Forwarding on the Hub 3.0 here: Setting up port forwarding and port triggering on my Virgin Media router

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos