Menu
M_Smith2850
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Awful Broadband Connection

I apologise for any foul language or elements of frustration out of this upcoming post, however I am currently very annoyed at the poor broadband connection I have been experiencing for the last 2 weeks.

I have been experiencing extremely poor connectivity at some points during the day, and in spite of running speed tests that suggest I am getting 120+mb download speed, I am quite clearly not. I have multiple apps/games that disconnect me, including an experience today whereby I disconnected 14 times from the same game in the space of 10 minutes.

I am not the only Virgin Media customer experiencing this poor service, and as such I am curious about whether there is any kind of official advice/support that can be offered.

0 Kudos
Shweby
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful Broadband Connection

You need to post your signal levels. Log into the settings page and post your upstream and downstream levels. Without those the fault cant be diagnosed. And what hub do you have?
0 Kudos
M_Smith2850
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As my account is the secondary to this hub, I have access to none of that information. If it helps at all, I can tell you that having run a speed test, I managed an average download of 170mbps, and upload of 10.5mbps, however that apparently is insufficient, as even having reset the router last night, I am still disconnecting from games and suffering horrible slow connection when attempting to send massages via certain apps.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey M_Smith2850, 

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Apologies for the connection problems you're experiencing. I've just tested your connection and everything is normal at the moment. As this appears to be an intermittent fault, it'll be a good idea to set up a BQM so we can take a closer look at the performance of your network. 

Hope to hear back from you soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
M_Smith2850
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, telling me that it is an intermittent fault does nothing about the problem that I am having a fault, and a fault that is present for up to an hour, during which time my access to the internet (which I require for my profession) is horribly gimped.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us M_Smith2850,

I'm very sorry for the continued trouble experienced.

I've checked things from this end for you and there appears to be a fault within the area relating to this under the ticket reference C00888763, and at present, there is a review set for this evening.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
M_Smith2850
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A quick update to how terrible the service has been here. I have suffered around 12 disconnects from a single game (not naming) in about an hour and a half, including a ten minute stretch whereby I disconnected no less than 5 times. This is not normal.

Have the checks revealed anything about service in my area?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear this M_Smith2850,

I've re-checked things for you and it appears that this has since been resolved.

Has your connection performance improved at all?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
M_Smith2850
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm that the connection here is still awful. I have not had so many issues sending messages via the app that was previously problematic, however there are still long periods whereby the internet is slow and I am struggling to maintain a connection.

On Monday, there was even a period from 10 am - 10:30 am whereby both the internet and TV services dropped out completely.

0 Kudos