Menu
annaegrey
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As soon as i leave my livingroom it disconnects me from wifi.

Hello, since 7am I have been having issues with my broadband. In other words it's been down and not working. When I'm in the living room(where my broadband is) it seems to be working. But as soon as I leave into the kitchen, it disconnects. Bathroom, other rooms, kitchen. Doesn't work there, on the laptop I get exclamation mark next to my wifi signal. And on the phone it just disconnects fully. I have no idea what is wrong. Please help me out because it's been working perfectly fine and we only just got the interner on the 15th. 10 days ago.

Kindest regards
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: As soon as i leave my livingroom it disconnects me from wifi.

It's possible that you are being affected by a neighbour's Wi-Fi signal using the same channel as you.  Try changing channel ... see video tutorial at the top of this forum board.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
annaegrey
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello, does this also work on Hub 3.0? Thanks
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

annaegrey wrote:
Hello, does this also work on Hub 3.0? Thanks

I don't have a Hub 3 so can't be specific but you should be able to enter  192.168.0.1  into your browser's URL to access the Hub's management, then sign in with the user ID and password (as per the label on the base of the Hub, unless you have already changed it).  Then go to the Wi-Fi menus and if channel is set to auto or to a specific channel number, try selecting a different channel (1, 6 or 11) are the best choices for the 2.4G band.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello annaegrey,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your wireless connection, it sounds frustrating.

As Dave has suggested, changing your wireless channel will often improve issues caused by wireless interference.

Please see the article I've linked you above for instructions. Let us know if this helps.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos