Menu
JasKik
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Area 31

So, I've now been Completely without broadband for over three weeks (I only got connected on 9 sept

Turns out area 31 is over subscribed and most people have variable service in the area

I however have no broadband service at all

Virgin tell me they won't send an engineer because work is planned on 30 Nov 2016

By then it'll have been no service for 5+ weeks.

I want to leave virgin but they tell me I need to have had three engineer visits in a period of time. They won't send engineer because of upgrade work and tell me I am Locked into the service.

I have complained to offcom this morning and would advise anyone considering virgin to think twice, they'll sign u up quickly enough but much of their infrastructure is not fit for purpose.

Reading the forums same area was supposed to have been fixed on 6 Nov, now again on 30 Nov???

I believe that new subscribers like me get connected initially just to activate the contract and then fall to the back of the connection queue. My router actually tells me connection is blocked.

caveat emptor

Jaskik
Bracknell

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 31

Hi JasKik, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

I am having a little trouble seeing your power levels so if you could pop them up for me I will double check them for you:

• 192.168.0.1 in the browser, log in 

• Username is admin and the password will be changeme, unless you have changed it.

• Go to Advanced settings.

• Go to Network Status, copy the results back here.

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection? If wireless try wired and let us know if it makes a difference. Pop the hub into modem only mode.

It may also help to see a TBB Graph (please be aware this link is external and we're not responsible for it's contents). 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos