Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7 (113 Views)

Area 25 Service Down (NP19)

Hello,

Service in my area has been poor over the last 2-3 weeks. It drops out often and can take a couple of hours to connect again. For the last couple of days it's been completely dead

I've been a customer since December and this is the first time I've had these issues. I have a few friends living in the same area, with the same provider who are also experiencing these problems, so I know it's not unique to me.

There's no mention of anything untoward on the "Service Status" section of the website.

Lines have been busy when I've tried to chat with an adviser so I'm at a loss as to what to do next!

Considering cancelling my VM service at the nearest opportunity if this continues Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7 (109 Views)

Re: Area 25 Service Down (NP19)

I'm experiencing the same issue - although nowhere near you (LE67), I fully appreciate the frustration of a dead connection yet both the automated phone line (0800 561 0061) and the status website cheerfully telling me there's no problems.

Seems deceitful to claim there's no issues, yet you phone through and eventually someone answers and tells you there's an issue somewhere and no, you can't have an engineer as it would be automatically cancelled.

Good luck getting it sorted. I know where you're at with the cancellation, it was only the fact I already had the Virgin BB set up that meant when I ditched their telly for being too expensive (Sky offered me the Box Sets package for 75% off and a £30 bill credit!) I kept the broadband. You live and learn eh? 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7 (101 Views)

Re: Area 25 Service Down (NP19)

Infuriating isn't it? I guess this is one of those 'wait it out' things where hopefully at some elusive future date the problem will just fix itself. Then bide our time until the end of our contract Smiley Very Happy

People bash TalkTalk but in 4 years I never had any problems with them.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7 (102 Views)

Does the Chat Online Service 'Actually' Work?

Or is it permanently down?

I always get the message:

"All of our agents are currently busy. Please try again later."

I try again 2 hours later:

I try again a day later:

One week later:

Gaaaaaaaaargh! I just want my problem fixed so I can have internet again Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7 (75 Views)

Re: Does the Chat Online Service 'Actually' Work?

Connection has improved slightly.
But it often still still drops out a few times a day and the green lights start flashing.
It's ridiculous! Not as if I live in a rural area or anything.

I do a lot of work from home which requires me to upload large media files to the Internet. This process can take up to 3 hours. Problem is, if the connection drops out at any stage the whole process needs to be restarted. It's infuriating.

I will be cancelling my contract when my term is up. Sooner if I can find a get-out.
Some providers offer to pay up the rest of your deal in exchange for switching to their service.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7 (43 Views)

Hello tremor,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Sorry for any inconvenience you experienced by your recent loss of service. I've just checked and I can see that you're back up and running.

Big apologies again, please let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7 (31 Views)

Hi Heather,

Thank you for the response Smiley Happy

It's gone again I'm afraid. I tend to lose WiFi 2-3 times a day and it can take a couple of hours to come back.

3 green lights, one flashing at the moment.

Tom

0 Kudos