Menu
rovman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 24 - complete outage

Anyone else having issues with their broadband in area 24?

I've got no internet at all, rebooted router numerous times to no effect.
Service status has nothing listed (except the HSBC thing).

Getting millions of post RS errors on 2 downstream channels... Also strangely locked to channel ID 0 twice (should that happen). 3 channels are showing 5+ million post RS errors while the remaining 5 are in the low hundreds.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 24 - complete outage

Hi rovman 

Thanks for posting back on the community.

Many apologies for loss of service that you're currently experiencing.

I've checked your connection, the broadband is showing as online and locked onto all downstreams. Is the broadband now working for you?

If you log into the Super Hub does it still show these RS Errors as being high? If so, can you reset these and post them say after 24 hours for us to have a look please.

I did also notice a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004132235 and with a review date of 27th April.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kabousie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am in Area 24 and have had severe problems since the 5th of February. VirginMedia told me that maintenance work was planned for the 8th of February to resolve the performance problem.

I phone back on the 13th of February to be told there are no problems and that the issue is with me and my "high" demand- I was told upgrade to 150Mb to resolve the issue.

No surprise the problem persisted, so I phone VirginMedia again and I was told that there is a network issue in Area 24 and that it is unlikely to be fixed until September.

As a result of this information, I have cancelled my broadband with VirginMedia after being with them for nearly 10 years. I hate the thought that I have to become a BT customer, but such is life!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi kabousie, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with your broadband issues, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that your area cable seems to be suffering some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours. The reference number for this is F004327377 and is currently set to be reviewed around the end of September. 

Thanks for your patience regarding this matter, one of my colleagues will be in touch with some more information for you. I will need to pass this onto the relevant team to take a look for you, I will first need to clear some security questions with you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos