Menu
Flesh
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Area 21 London NO INTERNET. WHY?

Could virgin at least explain why?

Whats the situation here?

All day youve been saying an engineer is on their way but nothing has been done to rectify the situation its pathetic!

Cant someone from your company at least give an update or information as to why the internet has been down since 7am this morning?

If youre getting DDoS attacked at least tell us otherwise this is poor customer service!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 21 London NO INTERNET. WHY?

hiya @Flesh will be a few days for the forum admin to reply, best having a chat with broadband support via 150 / 0345 454 1111 they'll be able to check area etc.. doubt it will be a DDoS attack since can easily configure the CMTS to blackhole/block these types of traffic.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PaulTechy has given the best advice for you for the situation.

Posting a new thread every day in each board doesn't help, the VM forum team reply in the order of oldest post first so this thread alone is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Flesh
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Im a paying customer thats paid for a service for over 8 years without ever once delaying or not paying.

The reason I am posting everyday because everyday since 3 ago, I was told it would be fixed the next day. I called your hotlines. They just regurgitated exactly whats written in the schpiel they put up over the weekend.

The fact of the matter is I have questions and let me reiterate when I say I have been paying for over 8 years and at least deserve the common decency and courtesy of being informed of what has happened.

-How can the cables have been damaged?
-What damaged them?
-Why is the estimated time just being prolonged, specially when you knew it was sunday the day after, why not just be honest and say the engineers will continue on monday?
-Why wasnt there an emergency forum advisor on friday when it started?
-from my phonecall on friday they knew the cables were damaged which means they knew all well it was a big job to repair

I dont need advice I need answers!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with posting every day (beside the fact it will keep you at the back of the queue for a reply - due to the way the forum works), just keep it in the current thread instead of making a new one.

Regardless, you will be waiting st least a week for a reply here from the VM staff, phoning up is generally much quicker. There is no Emergancy forum advisor as the company choose to give you the option to phone up for the instant advice instead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Flesh,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had trouble with your connection.

I'd like to check this out for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details from you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos