Menu
kellyjohn
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 intermittent broadband and cannot contact Virgin

Hi, can anyone help? I am in area 20 and for the past couple of weeks my internet connection keeps dropping. I have been with virgin for over a year and have never once had issue. I have tried to contact via phone three times but each time i am on hold for fifteen minutes and then the call just cuts off! I am using my mobile as it's the only phone I have, I dread to think of the cost. I have a smart tv which is connected wirelessly and I can't watch anything on it as everything either won't load or keeps being interrupted with the dreaded buffering. I have tried resetting my router which seems to temporarily fix the issue but it keeps happening daily. What can I do? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 20 intermittent broadband and cannot contact Virgin

Hey there kellyjohn,

Thanks for posting on the community forum Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your connection, from what I can establish from what you've said, this is only affecting your wireless connections? Have you had an opportunity to test your hard-wired connections at all?

If it's only the wireless that is giving your trouble, please try changing the operating wireless channel. We've got a really good help article here on how to change the Virgin Media router's wireless channel, this will show you how to log into your Hub and make the changes.

Could you please have a try and let us know how you get on,

Thanks again.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos