Menu
IronsideUK
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Another device using my ip address

I switched my iMac on this morning and a message popped up say that another device on the network was using my ip address. Now I never give out my password and the only other device using my wifi is my iphone. Should I be concerned? If so, what can I do about this?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another device using my ip address

hiya @IronsideUK this could happen if you've configured a static ip address on a different device and the mac is trying to use the same IP, you could look at the connected devices on the hub and it should show the mac and using e.g. -> https://macvendors.com/ should show the manufacture of this device.. if you've changed the default security password and somebody has got hold of it broke into your network.. i would be resetting the hub asap and setting up complex passphrases/passwords.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
IronsideUK
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I find the list of connected devices on my hub?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

if you log into hub sticker on the side for username/password etc and can view -> https://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=27572&CURRENT...
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos