Menu
Ashleyclark73
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Prime

Does anyone else have issues when watching Amazon Prime or videos on Facebook? I keep getting kicked out of the episode I'm watching and it goes on to the next one automatically. On Facebook it just buffers all the videos. Thanks
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime

No issues at all here.

Are you experiencing any other issues with slow internet access? - Are there any known issues showing when you check the 'Service Status' option on your online Virgin Media account ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Hoggie
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ashleyclark73 wrote:
Does anyone else have issues when watching Amazon Prime or videos on Facebook? I keep getting kicked out of the episode I'm watching and it goes on to the next one automatically. On Facebook it just buffers all the videos. Thanks
here's a link https://www.howtogeek.com/280646/how-to-get-your-streaming-video-to-stop-buffering-so-darn-much/    worth a read

this post may contain nuts Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Ashleyclark73
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The service status is fine. This has been an ongoing issue for months. I got a new hub but the problem still exists.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you experiencing this issue on a wired or wireless connection? - If wireless, are you able to try it wired to see how it compares ?

What sort of speeds are you currently getting (www.speedtest.net) ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Ashleyclark73
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's a wireless connection but I thought in this day in age that would would be sufficient.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it should be sufficient.  If you are able to test it on a wired connection though that will help to narrow down the likely cause of the problem.

There are so many things that can affect a wireless connection that using a wired connection is the only true way to get an accurate understanding of your internet speeds.

-

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashleyclark73, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with wireless connection and Amazon Prime, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have tested things from here and I can see that one of your upstream power levels is too high and will need to be adjusted by one of our engineers.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos