Menu
Marsthe88
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Firestick

Pretty annoyed to find that the amazon firestick doesn't connect to virgin WiFi, my dad received one for Christmas and couldn't get the thing working, I finally took a look today and it won't connect to the WiFi. After having a look online it seems this has been a problem that millions of people have been having, I've tried everything suggested in order to get the thing working, virgin really need to fix this problem or make it clear that the amazon fire stick is not compatible with virgin media. 

0 Kudos
MAPeX007
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Firestick

I have exactly the same problem, but it only happened today.

I have three fire sticks and all wont connect, saying either Connecting... or Connected with Problems.

Makes paying for my Prime subscription for TV streaming pointless.

Also my WIFI connection is pathetic, paying for 100mb yet recieving 15mb when sitting 2 metres away from the router.

0 Kudos
crazygoog
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I know you're annoyed but please consider this. I have been using a fire stick on Virgin WiFi without any problems at all.......until yesterday. I thought Virgin must have been having a problem of some sort. A bit of googling around though appears to throw up a lot of people suggesting it's because of an Amazon server error which they are trying to fix - nothing at all to do with Virgin WiFi. Just hang fire and see if it works in the next day or two.
0 Kudos
crazygoog
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

'Also my WIFI connection is pathetic, paying for 100mb yet recieving 15mb when sitting 2 metres away from the router.' I suggest you actually ring Virgin about this issue as it shouldn't be that bad. I imagine it's the same problem I am having with over utilisation in your area. I should be getting 200mb but on average at peak times it's around 10mb - 5% what I should be getting. A phonecall to VM and they confirmed it is over utilisation and it's a problem that is scheduled to be fixed by mid April. I'm not happy, but they have credited my account to compensate. You might get the same.
0 Kudos
buzzyvonne
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've recently had the Fire Stick connection problem.  I made a further call to Mumbai and the lady went off line did something and said she had made changes and now it would be ok.  Tried it but it didn't work HOWEVER I had the idea to press the restore to default on the hub page and amazingly it is now working.  Entire internet was bad last night though.

0 Kudos