Menu
sgtgaz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Firestick says connected to wifi but with problems & can't use it.

Hi, I'm sure this has been answered before but I'm stuck, have previously been connected to the firestick with with my super hub 2. It shows it is connected but with problems, asks for the password but then says it can't get through to Amazon and must be a problem with the router, but I have other stuff connected all right to the wi fi. What does that mean and how can I get round it.

0 Kudos
scouser73
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Firestick says connected to wifi but with problems & can't use it.

Hi sgtgaz,

I suggest resetting the Fire Stick by doing the following:

Scroll to Settings

Scroll to System

Scroll to Reset To Factory Defaults

Once you have done that, you will then need to set up the Fire Stick as if it were a new device, putting in your Amazon account and connecting it to your Wifi, this should solve the problem.

Regards,

scouser73

152 Mbp/s Broadband - Windows 10 [Home] -
Ubuntu 17.10 - SuperHub 3.0 - Nokia 5
0 Kudos
sgtgaz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response, I reset the firestick and now it will not connect to the wifi at all.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi sgtgaz

Sorry to hear of the problems you've been having with the Amazon Firestick connection. Since the reset what happens when you try to reconnect it to the wifi? Is it rejecting the password? If it can't see the network you can try changing the wireless channel.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
sgtgaz
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response, the fire stick will still not connect, I've reset the stick, I've changed the channels on the router and tried connecting via the WPS button, it appears to connect but as soon as put in my password it thinks about it then tells me it can't connect to Amazon. All my other stuff connects okay including my chromecast stick so it's not the router although that is what the firestick is telling me.

0 Kudos
sgtgaz
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure it can see the network as it appears to connect very briefly then disconnects when I put in the router password, very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey there sgtgaz,

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry to hear you're still having problems Smiley Happy

have you had a chat with Amazon about this to see if they have any advice? Given the fact that all other devices connect completely fine to your network, I suspect the Fire Stick is at fault.

Sorry about this,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos