Menu
steveipswich
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Although i have connection, webpage locks, have to reboot. 30 times a day

Been with Virgin 2 wks. From instal TV took 5 days to resolve, told BB would be working within hour. True got internet connection. This is all wireless issue                                                                           but since then to now, any webpage freezers up. can be first page, 2nd or 20th. I have gone through all the web help they have. Change channel on router, changed 802.11 bgh -11n,11gh. Rebooted, gone through connection again. Hub white light is constant. Messages on screen like DNS could not be found. default gateway not available. Done speed tests average Ping 20ms, 50mb, 6.30. My contract is 100mb.

My laptop last 3 yrs been working v/well on SKY. No issues like this, or any. Spec says broadcom 4313gn 802.11b/g/h. No further updates for driver 5/2/14. Also Intel driver Gigabit network connection, driver 21/2/12

I have phoned tech, told nothing wrong goodbye, waited for online chat, sometimes over 30 mins. get through and lose web page. Emailed. 

Please help. I am about to cancel this, cant take the stress. I an disabled and use the net for company 

Thank you for any reply

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Although i have connection, webpage locks, have to reboot. 30 times a day

Hello steveipswich,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear about the problems with your connection, I completely understand it's disappointing.

I've just had a look at your Hub and in doing so I've noticed that we're working on a fault in your area. The reference is- F004759423 and it's due for review on the 26th April. This type of fault can be responsible for reducing the speeds during peak times (evenings and weekends) and to rectify this we need to undertake upgrades on the network to support the level of demand in your area. 

I know this isn't the best of news and I sincerely apologise.

Please get back to us if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Trig0r
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Although i have connection, webpage locks, have to reboot. 30 times a day

I've just been told that F004759423, which was also giving me issues has been fixed..

I#m guessing you are in area 30 as well?!

0 Kudos