Menu
daysofspeed
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Airport Express, SuperHub 2ac, Powerline network issues

Will start by saying I have read on here for answer and feel it wasn't specific or just got confused so please accept apologies of the answer is out there...

Have a SuperHub 2ac downstairs. Connected upstairs is an Airport Extreme (new one) connected via Powerline network cable from SH into plug downstairs, out up and into AE.

This worked FINE. Had WiFi downstairs and up. I named them the same and used same passwords so it was seamless. Again, fine.

Now however I have SH in Modem mode and orange light on AE sling it has two errors "Your AirPort base station does not have a valid IP Address" and "No DNS Servers".

I needed a boosted signal upstairs as I had no WiFi reach from the SH2ac up there.

I'd like the SH to take care of downstairs and the AE take care of it upstairs.

I also have a PS4 and Apple TV plugged into the SuperHub. In short I don't want Modem Mode on the SH. Is this possible? (it was - it worked fine until yesterday when everything dropped off after a SH reboot to get the PS4 back in the game).

Is it possible to have the Airport extend the network in the way I want?

Super Hub Version

Software Version "V1.01.11"
Hardware Version 1.03

Happy to share any settings but think the bigger issue here is having the SH working as a router and the AE merely boosting WiFi signal. Surely this is doable?

0 Kudos
daysofspeed
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Airport Express, SuperHub 2ac, Powerline network issues

Clearer request having read up...

Is it possible to use the SuperHub and it's network ports (one is power line sharing to upstairs) other two are used for PS4 and Apple TV connections AND use the Airport Extreme upstairs via Powerline into WAN (or otherwise) to extend the WiFi?

Appreciate this should play better in Modem mode but need those ports on the Superhub live as well.

Will I need a network switch to run off the SuperHub in Modem Mode (that leaves on ethernet port live - correct?) that then has the PS4, Apple TV and Powerline connection?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

0 Kudos