Menu
nenenaiad
Tuning in
Message 1 of 274
Flag for a moderator

AirPrint not working on Superhub 3 based system

A new virgin media system based on a Arris router was installed last Friday.

The router is the Superhub 3 VMDG505. The error message I get when trying to use Print via the share box  on the iPad indicates that it cannot find the WF7525 printer which is installed. (No AirPrint Printers found message)

This worked fine with the previous router and prior to the change to cable. Does  anyone know any more ? Problem seems AirPrint / Bonjour related.

Regards

StopItRawr
Rising star
Message 2 of 274
Flag for a moderator

Re: AirPrint not working on Superhub 3 based system

Bonjour is Apple's version of UPnP? If so, then the Hub 3 has problems with this, so you may not get the AirPrint working yet until a Firmware update to sort out UPnP.

However, from what I can see, for AirPrint to work the printer has to be on the same network as the iDevice. Is the Printer connected via Wi-Fi or wired into the network and have you confirmed it to be connected happily by any other means?
0 Kudos
BrendonP
Tuning in
Message 3 of 274
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same problem. All setup and connected corectly on a superhub3. Cannot print from any iphone or ipad.

Virgin. Is there any news on this. I am a new customer so within my rights to cancel.
0 Kudos
nenenaiad
Tuning in
Message 4 of 274
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have an epson WF 7525 and to overcome my problem with not being able to use Print within the share box on the iPad and iPhone I use the Epson iPrint app which allows me to print off anything I want.
With regard to the above problem I have read that it is caused by Upnp or multicast, so when I have chance I will turn off Upnp to see printing works as described above. I consider the router to be new and I think pressure of people with the same problem will mean the an update will be issued. Until that happens the workaround works fine.

Other pr inter manufacturers have similar Apps to iPrint such as hp and brother, so there should be one for yours.

Regards

Dave
0 Kudos
BrendonP
Tuning in
Message 5 of 274
Flag for a moderator

H Dave.

Ill have a look for that setting and and give it a go. Do you know where its hidden and what turning it off will do for any other devices

I have tried the hp app but its stopped working as well. Not good

Brendon
0 Kudos
nenenaiad
Tuning in
Message 6 of 274
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The HP printing app should work.....I trust HP........ let's try to get you printing reliably and get Virgin Media to sort out the AirPrint issue. I shall try and find the people we need to contact in this respect. Whilst we are doing this I shall try and get some reliable printing  organised for you ...  If you want to do this, some questions for you..

What model is your hp printer ?l

what you have done to set up the printer.....what is the printers IP address ?

Regards

Dave

0 Kudos
BrendonP
Tuning in
Message 7 of 274
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave.

Its an officejet 6600
Ip 192.168.0.14

I have the printer connected via wifi which is workin as i can print from my laptop pc ok however i did have to re install the drivers to get it to work as it was stuck saying the printer is offline.

I have 2 iPhones neither of which can see the printer in photos app or the HP App. I spoke to virgin sipport who turned off 5G to see if that helped. But it didnt.

Any ideas.....
Brendon
0 Kudos
nenenaiad
Tuning in
Message 8 of 274
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

the IP address tells me you are on the same network as the router assuming no changes have been made to the  router

You are using an all in one printer ....You should download and  install the HP All In. one Printer Remote App. It's a long time since I used this so please keep a note of any mentions in makes regarding your printer. I would expect it to say it has found it when the app opens. Remember this is being done to give you the possibility of being able to print until we can get back to our normal habits of using  print out of the share box. With the App installed you are going to run it and print via the App in question.

The last time I used this app was to use the scanner on an HP printer, and the app worked very well.  Your test is to print out a web page.

On the epson equivalent of the HP app software I find the url of the pages I want to print, copy it into the epson  address box and press print many the copies run off. As I say, not as convenient as the built in way should be but it works

Regards

Dave

D

0 Kudos
panjanni
Settling in
Message 9 of 274
Flag for a moderator

ALL,

Same Problem exactly - a very helpful support person advised that there were no reliable fixes at the moment but would send me a 2 series hub which does not have the problem. Not ideal - it depends on how important wifi (as opposed to hardwire) printing is to you.

P

nenenaiad
Tuning in
Message 10 of 274
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to arris who offer no direct support for superhub3-hopefully Virgin media will at some stage...

Dave
0 Kudos