Menu
Salv1980
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

AirPlay not working with Superhub 3

So have moved over to Virgin Media and had Superhub 3 installed but since it was installed I can't stream music from my iPhone to my bose speakers via AirPlay. Does anyone have a solution please? I've heard there's a firmware update but nobody at Virgin knows about this. Please help.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Wideboys182
Joining in
Message 26 of 31
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: AirPlay not working with Superhub 3

AirPlay doesn't seem to have been fixed on the SuperHub3.

Recently upgraded from the SuperHub2 where AirPlay seemed to work very slow on my iPhone 6 but not work on any other devices.

I have attempted all the solutions meantioned above and none worked so I have re-activated the SuperHub2 on my account and whilst on the phone to Danielle from the Technical Team low and behold once the router, iPad and Apple TV rebooted AirPlay worked again.

Clearly an issue somewhere with the SuperHub3 firmware in this can and glad I was able to keep the SuperHub2 otherwise could be without this functionality which is heavily used in my household.
0 Kudos

All Replies
RobinRobot
Joining in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

AirPlay doesn't work

Switched from EE to Virgin and now none of my AirPlay devises work properly. Only show up if I restart the Hub3 but all dissapear again if I restart my MacBook. Switched wireless to b/g/n for compatibility. Changed channels. Still doesn't work. Don't really want to fork out for a new router tbh. Anyone got a fix? Seems like a common problem.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hey Salv1980,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to stream music over AirPlay since having your Hub 3.0 installed. That does sound frustrating.

I've run some initial checks and it appears that everything is testing OK at the moment on both the hub and network. Are both your iPhone and Bose speakers connecting to your wireless network without any issues? 

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Salv1980
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hey Kev

Thanks for the message. Yes they are all connected to the same network. I have seen some posts regarding this issue and it seems that the Superhub 3 has issues with AirPlay. I was told by technical team that a software release was coming out last week to address this but nothing has come out yet and now technical team are saying they don't know anything about a software update.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

You do know you need Bonjour running somewhere on your network for AirPlay, AirPrint and other apple network services to work correctly.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Salv1980
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Yes I know. It is running in the network. Also I did not need bonjour running when k was with Sky or BT.

Superhub 3 is no good mate.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Its a Hub 3.0 (Not Superhub. it has yet to earn the Super Status) and mine works fine with both AirPlay and AirPrint from my iMac, Macbook Air, iPad Air2, iPhone 6. But also to note my Hub 3.0 is running firmware thats yet to be released fully.

0 Kudos
Salv1980
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

That's exactly what I'm after. I need the updated software for it but nobody is giving it to me. How can I get the software update on my 'hub 3'? I badly need this update ASAP.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I am afraid it's a waiting game for the update.

0 Kudos
Salv1980
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

It's a shame Virgin don't wait for us to pay the bill each month until they give us good enough working equipment.
0 Kudos