Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Advanced settings on super hub 2 ac

I have a super hub 2 ac and it is working fine in all respects except one. When I put 192.168.0.1 in my browser in order to view and change the super hub  settings  I do not get the menu enabling me to do this. I have tried rebooting the hub without success but I am reluctant to mess about with  any other settings. Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
omendata
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Advanced settings on super hub 2 ac

Once you’ve accessed the page there are three types of settings you can change:

• Wireless Network Settings – allows you to change your wireless security settings, to disable broadcasting your wireless network name, and even to disable wireless altogether.
  • Super Hub Settings – allows you to change the password for accessing this page.
  • Device Connection Status – allows you to view details on the Super Hub's current status, along with details about any devices that are connected to the Super Hub.

In addition, there’s a link for Advanced Settings at the bottom of the screen.

I would check your browser and reload the page holding down the ctrl key to refresh!

Try another browser!

Other than that if all else fails you could reset the hub using the pin method!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try http://192.168.100.1

Can you connect to the Hub's GUI through a connection wired directly to the hub? (might be worth temporarily turning off the wireless on your device)

0 Kudos

All Replies
omendata
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Once you’ve accessed the page there are three types of settings you can change:

• Wireless Network Settings – allows you to change your wireless security settings, to disable broadcasting your wireless network name, and even to disable wireless altogether.
  • Super Hub Settings – allows you to change the password for accessing this page.
  • Device Connection Status – allows you to view details on the Super Hub's current status, along with details about any devices that are connected to the Super Hub.

In addition, there’s a link for Advanced Settings at the bottom of the screen.

I would check your browser and reload the page holding down the ctrl key to refresh!

Try another browser!

Other than that if all else fails you could reset the hub using the pin method!

Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have tried all your suggestions except resetting the SH with paper clip. I am a bit wary about that one. Used different browser, no joy.  This is the sequence of events. 192.168.0.1 into address bar. Page appears stating that "DNS address could not be found". Tried reload, no joy. Tried windows diagnostic which told me it had detected the problem which was that "connection between access point, router and modem is broken". This is not true. Wi Fi and connection is fine. I am on 100 mbs and speed checks give me a speed of 104mbs (I know I am lucky !!) All internet connections are, and always have been, normal. Any further suggestions as I am stumped. thanks.

0 Kudos
omendata
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I try to exhaust all avenues.

I would try another pc or laptop just in case you have a snafud or virus infected system.

From the sounds of it though you will need to try the pin reset - make sure you save your settings first then do it - i've done it many times its fine you will be ok its just a pain setting it up again - you should find as soon as you login the advanced options.

It does sound rather strange that your systemn is using dns to resolve a 192.168.0.1 address - i would delete your hosts file for a start and open the command line and ping and tracert to the 192.168.0.1 target and an arp - a to see if the mac is registered properly - you can also do a netsh int ip reset to clear the tcp/ip stack if its infect or has a hook - symtdi is a nasty one and is a leftover from a symantec install i frequently find it on machines even ones that are 10 years+ old but you will have to edit the registry to get rid of that one - sounds like your networking is snafu - try another pc/laptop/mobile/tablet that will rule your pc out!

If the menu option is missing try clicking on the area its supposed to be in and see if it brings up anything.

Other than that a new hub seems to be in order!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try http://192.168.100.1

Can you connect to the Hub's GUI through a connection wired directly to the hub? (might be worth temporarily turning off the wireless on your device)

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your replies. I tried 192.168.100.1 and I got the advance settings menu. I had already tried this but it didn't work??? When I tried signing in it would not accept my WPS pin. I double checked the WPS pin number on the base of the hub and it agrees with the pin number I have used previously. How can this be ??

0 Kudos