Menu
dsr1993
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Additional router

Can I connect a additional router to my superhub, superhub keeps resetting itself and disabling my cctv. Also would the extra router improve the wifi thoughtout my home as the superhub doesn't reach upstairs
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Additional router

Which hub do you have?

By resetting itself, do you mean that it is resetting all the settings back to factory defaults?

If so, it looks like a faulty hub, it's a known problem with the SH1s

You can but the hub into modem mode and use your own router. A decent third party router should give you a better wireless coverage  that the entry level hub. allthough it will still be affected by the same obstacles that affects all wireless signals like Interference, Range, Client hardware and the topography of your home.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Which hub do you have?

By resetting itself, do you mean that it is resetting all the settings back to factory defaults?

If so, it looks like a faulty hub, it's a known problem with the SH1s

You can but the hub into modem mode and use your own router. A decent third party router should give you a better wireless coverage  that the entry level hub. allthough it will still be affected by the same obstacles that affects all wireless signals like Interference, Range, Client hardware and the topography of your home.

0 Kudos
dsr1993
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don't know which superhub I have. My superhub reset itself and my cctv stoped working as my IP address changed I port forwarded the IP address but it still won't work. Cctv installer said it's a network issue so not covered by them. Then can sort it for a charge but if it keeps happening I thought a different router would sort this or not
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey dsr1993,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your Superhub, it certainly shouldn't be resetting itself. If you drop me a PM confirming your delivery address, I will send you a replacement.

Catch up with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos