Menu
stevros101
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Add port forward rule with specific address

Hi all. we have one of these hitron modems just installed today. Single static IP. Virgin business.

I just need to be able to forward a port to an internal device, which ive done OK, BUT how do i make that rule only port forward IF the request is coming from a particular public IP. Its pretty bad just to port forward to a device inside the local network from any external IP. IE if someone does a port scan and sees a port open, they could try prying a bit. However, with a rule set up to only send packets back to a particular IP (as i want to do) , the hacker would never get a reply back.

Its a pretty simple firewall/portforward request, mist firewalls/routers will do this, but this hitron device seem pretty limited. Has anyone done this? thanks all!! :-))

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Add port forward rule with specific address

Hi there stevros101,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

I'm really sorry but on the forum we're only able to help with residential customer queries, we're not involved with the business side of things.

Please give business support a call and they'll be happy to advise you.

Thanks again for posting,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
stevros101
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Add port forward rule with specific address

Business support are bunch of clowns. They did admit however the business product i have is not fit for purpose, and i agree...

I would never recommend virgin media to 'real customers' who need business support and proper business functions. 

The product designers who say these are 'business products' should be sacked.

0 Kudos