Menu
chakelly321
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Activating Broadband/wireless network

Hi All, 

I have recently purchased the Tivo Virgin media Player package. I have installed it myself, and my TV is working fine, and it connects to netflix via the apps page on the television, and my Hub 3.0 modem is on and working and says connected on my phone and laptop, however, when it comes to actually opening a webpage nothing is working! 
I have tried to reset hub and have troubleshooted various reasons as to why this may be. i.e, proxy/LAN settings, and this doesn't seem to make a difference. I have contacted Virgin Media who have activated my account, however is there another activation that needs to be done specifically for wireless??
Whenever I click on the activation page on virginmedia it says "sorry webpage cannot be displayed" So I am unsure whether account is actually activated or not!

Please advise.

Many thanks. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activating Broadband/wireless network

hiya @chakelly321 welcome to the virginmedia community forum, when you do a wired connection using your laptop can you get online, since nothing special required for using wifi.. would also be worth checking to see if the hub is getting a vaild connection by going to http://192.168.0.1 check info making sure your getting a IP address might start 82.x
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activating Broadband/wireless network

Hi chakelly321,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a rocky start with your broadband!

I've located your account and I can see you've spoken to our team to get this sorted out. Is everything working OK now?

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos