Menu
spoonah
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Access

Is there a way that I can turn the router wifi off for a scheduled time . I.E overnight. I know you can do it with BT but I want to restrict access between the times 22:00 and 08:00

Regards

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Access

You can restrict devices using MAC filtering for each device. You will need to set up two rules one to midnight and the other from midnight to 8am.

I am not sure that this now works on the hub 3 but i think there is a workaround by assigning each device with a static IP and use IP filtering instread. Maybe someone with a hUb 3 will be able to help, if this is not the case

All Replies
exoticapple
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I'm almost 100% sure you can't do this!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You could take a look at http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Set-internet-time-limit-for-child/td-p/3138... this might work always best to search the forum before posting since this is a common question
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can restrict devices using MAC filtering for each device. You will need to set up two rules one to midnight and the other from midnight to 8am.

I am not sure that this now works on the hub 3 but i think there is a workaround by assigning each device with a static IP and use IP filtering instread. Maybe someone with a hUb 3 will be able to help, if this is not the case

Elcoops
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The mac filtering on the Hub 2ac works perfectly, however on the 3.0 there are teething problems. I had the engineer out twice as each time I used the mac filter the wifi went down. We ended up going back to 2ac which as I said earlier works perfectly. Hope this helps
0 Kudos