Menu
beale-forum
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

5g wifi signal disappeared from samsung phones

The following is a response to a survey after my recent communication with Virgin. Bit long, but hope someone has time to look at - thanks. (following sending this, someone has suggested changing channel on wifi to see if 5g reappears on phones, comments also please) ;- 'Although my query was 'dealt with', I am still confused and disappointed if what I am told is the case. ie that your 5g wifi had been changed and that consequently some devices that had been able to receive it before, may not be able to now, surely a backward step. I had been using, for some months, the 2g and 5g wifi from the hub (and using 2g on an extender, perfect for my needs) on Samsung phones and a laptop. Recently, without any changes to settings at my end, the 5g wifi disappeared from the Samsung phones, as did the 2g extension signal from the extender. I now see the original 2g wifi on all my devices (as was always), but the 2g extender signal has disappeared and a 5g extender signal has appeared. (so my extender must be receiving the 5g signal to be able to extend it?!) This does not suit my needs as the laptop mentioned does not have 5g wifi but does need the 2g entender signal. I may have to go into the extender settings to get the 2g extender wifi signal working, even if I have to remove the 5g extender signal. I am not very techy so may need some help from d link on that, but I will have a go. Can you please confirm that you have made changes that mean some devices cannot now see the 5g wifi? If so can these changes be reversed to where they were for me? I bought 2 x Samsung phones with 5g wifi as your new hub provide it also, but they cant see it from the hub now. Thanks' Well, what do you think forum folks? Cheers
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 5g wifi signal disappeared from samsung phones

Hello beale-forum,

Welcome!

I really appreciate that you've joined the community to resolve this fault Smiley Happy

It sounds like a frustrating fault, we'll do all we can to help.

My advice would be to perform a full factory reset. In doing this you will know for sure that any changes to your settings, have now been reverted to defaults. I would also reset the dlink extenders too and start the set-up from scratch. For advice on how to perform a full factory reset, please see this help article - Resetting your Virgin Media router

Would you please get back to us and let us know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos