Menu
lsmcspaul
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

5G wireless connection keeps freezing

Wondering if anyone can help?

I've got a SH2 and when using 5G the internet freezes as if I've lost connection but it still shows up as I'm still connected. If I swap to 2G it is fine but slower.

It's been like this for sometime and I've just kept swapping to 2G and putting up with it but it's getting to me now.

I've tried turning off my SH, I've tried different settings and tried a factory reset but it's still the same.

I've been told off a couple of people I know that they had similar problems and when they phoned Virgin, It sounded like a common problem and Virgin seemed to know about it and just sent them a new SH. Is this true and if not has anyone got any ideas of how to fix my problem??

Thanks Paul.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
lsmcspaul
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 5G wireless connection keeps freezing

Anyone with any ideas to try?
0 Kudos

All Replies
lsmcspaul
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Anyone with any ideas to try?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Paul,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the connection problems you're experiencing, it sounds frustrating.

I wonder if you've tried changing the wireless channel? I know you said you've tried a few things, but changing the operating wireless channel will help with any interference you maybe experiencing. Take a look at this link if you get a chance, it'll show you how to sign into your Superhub and make the changes.

Let us know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lsmcspaul
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather, I've tried changing the wireless channel but I don't think it's that cause there's no difference. The Internet doesn't start running slow it just stops working totally on 5g, Web pages don't load and say I'm not connected to the Internet but it still shows that I'm connected and with a good signal. I swap to 2g and it runs fine with no problems, swap back to 5g after a while, it runs fine and after a few mins it does it again. It only does it on 5g on both my phone and laptop. I can use 2g but want to use 5g :-(
Thanks for replying to me,
Paul.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

That's really odd that it's still happening after changing the wireless channels. Are you able to identify any trends when you notice the connection disturbances? I'm just trying to narrow it down to something which could be causing interference.

Speak soon,

Heather.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

davsco1973
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i am getting the very same problem all lights on the hub are on apart from the 5G one however unlike you i also loose internet connectivity and have to rest the hub, this is happening at least once a week, hub is away from anything that would interfere, have changed channels i dont know how many times and yet it still keeps dropping 

0 Kudos
pdx
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just noticed this thread and actually asked for same problem elsewhere. What I can add is if I disable the Channel 5 and re-enable in SU interface it then service resumes (for a while, like 1 day +). Service wired and 2.4 is OK.

Any clue ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
pdx
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi : So what I can say is that I checked that the device was connected, i.e. device reports it is connected and I can see it shows as connected with an IP address in the super hub console. However there is no link to the gateway/Internet. So to me it's clearly inside the router.  Just in case I tried 30cm from the router but this does not do anything.

Service continued to degrade so I rebooted the router and things resumed. I moved off the 5G channel a number of devices and I started having problems with 2.4G now dropping connections. Rebooted but issues resumed after a short while (a few hours). Dropped connections, devices unable to connect.

Everything which is on a wired connection is just fine (stable)

So now to me problem is Wifi on this router is totally unreliable and this is a serious problem because of always on devices (i.e. connected home) who become unoperative, so I can't control via Alexa any more. I can't rely on Wifi for staying up when I go away, so that's also a big problem.

Best

Paul.

0 Kudos