Menu
maxsad
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

3 months 21 days no internet

Hello we have a problem,

I am writing this because I'm tired of waiting for my virgin service,

I am a student and I like to game a lot actually was thinking to start my youtube channel and stream gameplay when I get my virgin connection ready.

So this is my story why I don't have the internet for 3months 21days,

I moved out of London to Leeds to new property 4 months ago, and here was no internet so, I found the virgin in Leeds central and my family member made contract there. Sadly they mistyped my address on the system and I waited 2 weeks for nothing the registration was made 19/12/2016 and I had to cancel to set up new. And that's what I did but this time I set it up on my name. That was before the new year of 2017 I waited 2 weeks the engineer came and could not make internet running so he said probably the cable is damaged and another people will come to check so I will need to wait. So I ask how long I will need to wait till they come? he said maximum 2 weeks, I was sad already but I though hey 2 more weeks hopefully I will have the internet. So I end up waiting more than 2 months for few people to come to check for 5-10mins what is wrong. My cable is damaged it is cut and not connected to the street while on the website when I was entering my postcode it was confirming that I just need to buy a package of broadband and I will have the internet. So those people were somewhere around 01/02/2017 today is 12/03/2017 they also said to me it will take 2weeks maximum to replace cable but I have been waiting already close to 7 weeks. I was calling virgin and they said go cancel contract if you don't want to wait and they said I need to wait for between 6 to 8 weeks. Now I am worried that I will wait last 2 weeks and they will tell me again you need to wait 1 or 3 months....Because since last visit I haven't heard I haven't seen any effort on the street or calling me. I don't know what to do should I wait more or just keep believing their lies and never have the internet, I wait so long and feeling I will end up no service at all just they will keep me on waiting for months;(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3 months 21 days no internet

Hi maxsad,

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. Smiley Sad

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again. 

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact time frame. As soon as permits are accepted we'll have a better idea. For an update on this, feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos