Menu
Rising star
Message 11 of 17 (89 Views)

Re: 3.0 superhub not so super

What sub version of iOS 10 are you using, is it the latest? Apple release security and improvement fixes in a sub version, but do not publish exactly what they are, so you always need to go to the very latest release.

By the way, it has NEVER been called a SuperHub 3 by VM, it has always been called a Hub3. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 12 of 17 (81 Views)

Sephiroth wrote:
You've just made a generalisation about iOS 10.

Btw, Google "ios 9 wifi connection issues".

On the contrary I made a fact about iOS 10 based on my findings. You made a generalisation by stating "everyone" is changing their wifi signal channel. Think next time before you type and mislead others.

"If hotfuzz had no problems with ios 9, then something else has changed rather than ios10 being the culprit"
After conducting the experiments explained previously then please explain how iOS 10 is NOT the culprit.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 17 (65 Views)

hotfuzzybody wrote:

Sephiroth wrote:
You've just made a generalisation about iOS 10.

Btw, Google "ios 9 wifi connection issues".

On the contrary I made a fact about iOS 10 based on my findings. You made a generalisation by stating "everyone" is changing their wifi signal channel. Think next time before you type and mislead others.

[SEPH]:  Don't be silly.  The generalisation I made is well known. "Everybody" should be taken in context and not as a  global literal.  You know as well as I do that close proximity 2.4Ghz users will be changing channels, rebooting and so on as part of their frustration.  You will also know  (if you think logically) that if, for example I as an iOS 10 user have no problems with the Hub 3, then there is no generic 1OS 10 issue with WiFi.

"If hotfuzz had no problems with ios 9, then something else has changed rather than ios10 being the culprit"
After conducting the experiments explained previously then please explain how iOS 10 is NOT the culprit.

[SEPH]:  As per last sentence of my reply above. 

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 14 of 17 (56 Views)

Instead of criticism can we focus on why this hub will only connect with in proximity of the router and not when other rooms, ignore ios10, the issue lies with virginmedia only as it's their equipment that is at fault.
0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 15 of 17 (53 Views)

There is something wrong, as i've found the WiFI coverage is one of the few good things about the Hub 3. It almost matches my own Asus rt-ac87u router.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 16 of 17 (34 Views)

Sorry to hear about the trouble experienced Gorn66,

I'd like to help with this.

I've located your account and there does appear to be some inconsistencies with the equipment levels at the moment.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to investigate this further.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get something booked in.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 17 of 17 (27 Views)

Where do we see the message
0 Kudos