Menu
Ianwelsh
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

3.0 Hub port forwarding for DVR

Can anyone help please. I am trying to set up port forwarding on a new 3.0 Hub to enable remote access via a DVR to my CCTV camera's. A step by step guide would be useful. The version 2 hub seems simple but the 3.0 has changed the set up format. Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 3.0 Hub port forwarding for DVR

hiya @Ianwelsh welcome to the virginmedia community forum, what make/model of DVR do you have?, since within the manual should say what ports need forwarding etc..
just need to do the following
setup static ip address on DVR
record this on the hub settings aka reserve the IP
setup port forwarding
apply/save job done.

reserve ip -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr46nhKhHI4 (video not made by me)
port forwarding -> http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=27625&CURRENT_...
dont need to deal with port triggering.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @Ianwelsh welcome to the virginmedia community forum, what make/model of DVR do you have?, since within the manual should say what ports need forwarding etc..
just need to do the following
setup static ip address on DVR
record this on the hub settings aka reserve the IP
setup port forwarding
apply/save job done.

reserve ip -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr46nhKhHI4 (video not made by me)
port forwarding -> http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=27625&CURRENT_...
dont need to deal with port triggering.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Ianwelsh
Joining in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul thanks for the reply, now have managed to establish contact and have got my cameras back! 

0 Kudos
hunkmelvyn
Tuning in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem having lost the ability to view my cctv cameras on remote access on my iphone since a hub upgrade to the 3. Can somebody explain to me in plain English and simple terms what I need to do please. When it comes to port forwarding I am lost. Thanks Mel

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hello hunkmelvyn,

Thanks for getting in touch, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your CCTV system since upgrading your equipment. We've got a really helpful guide here on Port Forwarding which you should find is useful.

Let us know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
hunkmelvyn
Tuning in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather, Thank you for the info i will try this out as i am not that techno minded, tick this tick that is about my limit but i will give it my best shot. Thank you once again.

Mel
0 Kudos
hunkmelvyn
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather, I have done everything stated on the info given by you, Filled in appropriate sections and once again its the same as remote access its greyed out. i.e. cannot enable remote access and cannot change the new rule, I can change the last number in the IP address but will not let me apply it. So its back to square one. Sorry for the long winded reply.

Mel

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hey Mel,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're still struggling. So just so I'm clear, when you're attempting to apply port forwarding rules, the options are greyed out so you're unable to make any changes?

Hope you had a good weekend,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
hunkmelvyn
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Yes that,s right when i put a new digit i.e. the I.P. address i cannot apply as it is greyed out. It is the same if i try to enable remote access. Not having much luck. I wish i upgraded to the new hub.

Mel

0 Kudos
hunkmelvyn
Tuning in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I meant to say , I wish i never upgraded to the new hub 3. I would like the super hub back, never had any problems. 

Mel

0 Kudos