Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb connection but only getting 10mb ish

AlanMac2 wrote:

Sorry can a mod please delete the network log I forgot to edit out my ip address 

You can edit your own post to remove that image or I can reject the image for you.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
AlanMac2
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

SCA1972 Ahh can you do it I don,t know how ?

0 Kudos
AlanMac2
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

network log.PNG

Ok here's the edited version

Many thanks

AlanMac2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Image rejected.  For future reference you can edit your messages for a short time after you post them by clicking on "Post options" in the top right corner of the post and selecting "Edit Reply".

Power levels look OK.  Some slightly concerning errors in the log five days ago but nothing since and nothing around the time of your speed test on Friday.

All the evidence so far points to a peak time utilisation issue with your segment of the network.

Somebody from the VM forum team should be along in a few days (up to a week) to check your connection and can confirm if there is a known utilisation issue with your segment of the network. If that is the case they should provide a fault reference and pass your details onto another team who should inform you about your credit options for the lack of service via a PM. They should also be able to provide a review date for the fault. Note that it is a review date not a fix date (no matter what the telephone support staff might say) and some customers affected by this kind of issue have been waiting over a year for a fix.

I appreciate it is frustrating, but my advice is to sit tight and wait for a staff response and see what their checks reveal before posting again.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

AlanMac2
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

SCA1972,

you are a star Sir, Thank you very much for all the help :-) , I await the VM team for a solution then.

Regards

AlanMac2

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlanMac2,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and everything is looking quite healthy at the moment. All your levels are as they should be and there are no issues with the network in your area.

I'd like you to try running a speed test with the Superhub in Modem Mode, then post the results.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
AlanMac2
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

I have some screen shots of my BB speed using www.speedtest.net taken over the last few hours

Speedtest 1655.PNGspeedtest 17302.PNGspeedtest1855.PNG

The first was taken at 1655 the 2nd at 1730 Brentford and the last at 1855 Bournemouth.I think there is a problem somewhere from early evening onwards. As you can see from previous posts my speed has been as low as 10mb. All readings have been taken with the hub in modem mode.

I noticed that while in modem mode the ip address given by speedtest.net was different to that in router mode

AlanMac2

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlanMac2,

That is quite unusual.

I'd like to arrange for one of our technicians to investigate this further. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
AlanMac2
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

HI Josh-RW,

Well the VM engineer arrived on time..good start but as suspected my BB low speed is down to High Utilisation in my area 20. As you can see I have posted another screen shot of my evening broadband speed (1920 hrs on the 12/2/17) and it's less than 5% of "my up to 200mb speed" I would now like to claim some compensation for the really slow evening BB speed as less than 5% of the 200mb package I have is clearly unacceptable, especially after reading the community forum there also appears no fix date for the foreseeable future.

Thanks

AlanMac2

1920 speed tset 12-2.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlanMac2,

Thanks for getting back to me!

I'm really sorry to see you're still having trouble with this.

I've checked out the network and I can see an issue affecting speeds at peak times in your area. I've arranged for one of my colleagues to contact you with more information about the issue.

All the best

Josh

0 Kudos