Menu
JBreakwell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

200MB connection --- 16 mb speeds!

Hi

I posted a forum some time back about slow speeds on my internet and a virgin rep told me the gain on my line was too high and an engineer needed to be called.  I have sent information but I have heard nothing.  I am paying for a 200mb line .. yet getting no more than 50mb on the speed tests (on a wired connection).

Can someone please contact me asap as I am close to cancelling virgin altogether. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200MB connection --- 16 mb speeds!

Hi JBreakwell

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing issues with your broadband connection.

I've taken a look at your account, and there has been a high amount of T3 time-outs within a short space of time. For this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to have a look at this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003540547 and with a review date of 30th November.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JBreakwell
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My mobile phone network:

IMG_2121.PNG

vs my virgin media broadband speed:

IMG_2121.PNG

comes to something when your mobile is persistently better than your home broadband connection ... 🙈

0 Kudos
JBreakwell
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

IMG_2128.PNG

0 Kudos
JBreakwell
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

IMG_2144.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hiya JBreakwell,

Thanks for posting back on the community.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing these slow speeds and our engineers are still working on this with a review date of 29th March 2017.

I can see that my colleagues have been in touch in regards to this and will let you know any further updates.

Sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JBreakwell
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

IMG_2261.PNGAs you can see, over the Christmas period I have had poor internet, unable to watch streamed films due to drop outs and poor service. You can give me the connection for free and at this point I still want to leave (I will be cancelling next week to go to sky).  You as a company have had since July to sort this out.  It's disgusting. All I want is a stable internet connection... virgin just are not equipped to provide this.

0 Kudos