Menu
Flopflip
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2.4ghz keeps dropping Super hub 3.0

Hey, for some reason the hub 3.0 keeps crashing the WiFi. Ethernet works fine and so does the 5ghz channel but the 2.4ghz channel crashes randomly and nothing can connect to it.

I have to restart the router for it to happen again in a matter of time.

Why is this happening.. defective WiFi?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.4ghz keeps dropping Super hub 3.0

Probably Physics, as the 2.4Ghz band is narrow and there are generally many devices competing for clear space.

Wireless reception is affected by many factors like Range, Client hardware, the Topograpy of your home, and the big killer, Wireless interference.

First of all, I would ensure the Hub is placed in a central, open position, away from obstacles and electrical devices.

You could try changing the wireless channel manually. Downloading a wireless scanner like InSSIDer for Windows or WiFiAnalyser for Android would help by showing you the surrounding wireless networks, the channels they are broadcasting on, and their signal strengths, so you can select the best wireless channel.
Bear in mind that the wifi scanner will not show interference from other sources of wireless interference such as A\V streaming devices, Baby monitors, Chordless phones, Microwave ovens, Plasma TVs, Security systems, etc.

Setting the Hub's radio setting to 300Mbps (or 40Mhz channel) is not advised on the 2.4GHz band as it takes up over half of the available spectrum, making it prone to wireless interference..

The 5Ghz band is wider with non-overlaping channels making it far less prone to wireless interference.

0 Kudos
Flopflip
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.4ghz keeps crashing for all devices Super hub 3.0

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried most of those things. What confuses me is we had a different Super hub 3.0 before this one (white one) But 2 of the ethernet ports didn't work on it! the WiFi in that one worked flawlessly .. for weeks. But the Ethernet ports sadly died.

Now this one we have is a replacement (Black Sh3) and the Ethernet ports work flawlessly but the 2.4fghz is now a problem.

I don't see why it wasn't a problem before and it is now. Nothings changed only the routers.

Shrugs

Possibly defective?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.4ghz keeps dropping Super hub 3.0

Hello Flopflip,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the wireless problems you're having at the moment. Did you get around to trying a wireless scanner? This should help you identify the best wireless channel. Please confirm that you've tried all the channels and if this is still on-going, I'll send you a replacement.

Speak with you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos