Menu
V6justice
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

10mb/s Download speeds

I just had my Hub 3.0 installed today, but I'm on a 10mb/s Download speed. I am contracted for up to 100mb. Using wifi, but that isn't right. I reckon i should be pushing at least 60mb/s.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 10mb/s Download speeds

Hi V6justice

Welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear of the slow speeds you have been experiencing. We'd recommend performing a speed test over an ethernet connection for an accurate speed representation but when checking your hub there are problems showing with the downstream power levels. This type of problem can cause issues with your speed so I'd like to arrange an engineer visit to look into this further. I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right corner) for some additional info and get this booked in.

Speak soon

Ty 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

have you tested the speed wired?
0 Kudos
V6justice
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I would but i don't have wire? Nor do i have a device to do so. I wasn't given any ethernet wire when engineer fitted hub.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the only way to truly know if the connection is slow and not just the wireless if to test with a cable. Wireless is to unpredictable to rely on
0 Kudos
V6justice
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't think the engineer did right, i could of done what he done. I got virgin to have hardwired broadband for my xbox, however i got the router downstairs under the room desired and have no ether cable what so ever.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

most ISP dont supply network cable some may give one small 1-2 m one that is useless to most people. You can pick up network table cheap almust anywhere.
V6justice
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Right okay, one issue addressed. However i was wondering about running cable from inside house to the outside wall and up to my room.

Any idea on weather Virgin do this as a service, and any price quotes?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

virgin will not do this but you can get a local company to do that. the other option is powerline adapters that use the homes wireing as the network. They can be much more stable then wireless and easy to install.

Before doing anything though i'd try and get a computer or laptop near the router to connect and test. If teh problem is the connection any wiring will be pointless. but you need to test wired to know if its the connection or not
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi V6justice

Welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear of the slow speeds you have been experiencing. We'd recommend performing a speed test over an ethernet connection for an accurate speed representation but when checking your hub there are problems showing with the downstream power levels. This type of problem can cause issues with your speed so I'd like to arrange an engineer visit to look into this further. I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right corner) for some additional info and get this booked in.

Speak soon

Ty 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules